This policy describes how MSH goes about collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the information that it receives about you from your interaction with any MSH websites, mobile applications, and social media (collectively the “MSH Platform”).
The MSH Platform is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under 13 years of age. MSH does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13, and in the event that MSH learns that the personal information of a child under 13 has been collected or received, it will be deleted.
Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “Management Sciences for Health” “MSH,” “we,” “our,” and “us” these terms refer to Management Sciences for Health, a Massachusetts non-profit corporation with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” – these terms refer to visitors to and users of our MSH Platform or any of the content contained therein.
Types of Information MSH May Collect
MSH may collect several types of information from and about users of our MSH Platform, including:
- Personal Information you choose to provide. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out forms, creating an account on MSH’s websites or on other components of the MSH Platform, or making a donation.
- Information regarding financial transactions, namely donations, made through our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access components of our MSH Platform, and usage details including:
- traffic data, location data logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the MSH Platform.
- your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Ways That MSH May Collect Information
MSH may collect information either directly from you the user, and/or automatically as you navigate through the MSH Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through Google Analytics.
MSH only collects Personal Information when voluntarily and knowingly submitted by a visitor. You can have general access to our MSH Platform and browse websites describing our organization without providing any Personal Information or being required to register. If you choose to make a donation to MSH, whether by telephone, postal mail, or an MSH website, we will collect certain required financial information from you (such as your credit card information if you choose to submit your donation in that manner, and the donation amount).
Users may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the MSH Platform, or transmitted to other users of the MSH Platform. This information posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Some web tracking information may include data, such as IP address data, that is unique to you. You can manually delete all cookies within your browser privacy settings. You can also set your browser to not accept cookies although this may prevent you from using some of the services offered on the MSH Platform.
How MSH May Use The Information It Collects
MSH may use the information that it collects in the following ways:
- To help MSH present the MSH Platform components and their contents to users.
- To provide users with information that they request from MSH.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which the user provided the information.
- In any other way that is described when a user provides the information.
- For any other purpose with the user’s consent.
From time to time MSH may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
MSH may also disclose Personal Information that is collected as described above:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who support MSH and its charitable purposes, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which MSH disclosed it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which the user provided it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by MSH when the user provided the information.
- With the user’s consent.
How MSH Protects Personal Information
MSH encrypts transmissions of personal information through our websites using secure socket layer technology (SSL) but cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to the MSH Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to our websites or other MSH Platform components. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Without limitation of the foregoing, we are not responsible for the actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties that breach our reasonable security procedures.
How Users Can Access And Correct Personal Information
Users can review and change any of the Personal Information they provided when registering for an account on the MSH Platform by logging into the appropriate website and visiting their account profile page.
For any other concerns regarding user information that was submitted via the MSH Platform contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a user deletes his/her contributions from the MSH Platform, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other website users.
For More Information
Management Sciences for Health
200 Rivers Edge Drive
Medford, Massachusetts 02155